Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Welcome to my blog!

My name is Alex Stack, and I am an associate with Gilbert’s LLP in Toronto with an unnatural interest in patent law and things associated with it: innovation policy, competition law, trade law, other intellectual property. Recently, I’ve been doing a lot of work in the pharmaceutical industry, but I’ve also done a fair bit in mechanical and software patents ( I lived through the .com bubble!). I mainly do litigation, opinion work and government relations, although in the past I’ve been primarily a solicitor (including patent and trade-mark prosecution).

I am mainly starting this blog as an outlet for my short occasional writings, thoughts or babbling on patent law or whatever else interests me (football, anyone?). I’ve set myself a goal of posting at least once a month, and we’ll see how things go. Hopefully, I’ll be able to convince some other people to join me on here, but I’m going to keep it simple for now.

I’m new to this, so please bear with me as I figure this blogging thing out!

No comments: