Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Please support me in the 200 km Ride to Conquer Cancer

Dear Patentidbits readers,

I have committed to riding 200 km on June 12-13, 2010 and raising $2,500 for this year’s Ride to Conquer Cancer – a two day bicycling trip from Toronto to Niagara Falls in support of The Princess Margaret Hospital.

Princess Margaret is one of the top 5 cancer research hospitals in the world, and the largest Canadian institution dedicated to cancer research and treatment. The work they are doing is cutting-edge – you can see a list of discoveries HERE.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me, both last year and this year. I really appreciate your generosity. It has been startling to learn how many people I know are touched by cancer, either directly or in someone they know - thank you for sharing your stories with me.

After last year’s debacle (I injured myself on the first day – totally my fault – and it was a real struggle to complete the ride), I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do this again. But, fighting cancer and supporting the Princess Margaret are important, and I would like to continue to contribute. Also, this year I have convinced my wife Carolyn to ride with me. ;)

Between us, Carolyn and I have to raise $5,000 – a considerable sum, but I hope with your generosity that we will make a dent in that amount.

Please go to this link if you wish to donate,

or I can provide you with a printed form.

Hopefully, with your support I will make it to Niagara Falls in June, and in the process raise some money for Princess Margaret Hospital and help to Conquer Cancer!

Yours truly,
Alex Stack

ps - thumbs-up! to the other lawyers from Gilbert's who also doing the ride this year - Shonagh, Sarah, Alison, Emily and Andrew.

No comments: